New RD7000 Utility Locating System
Featuring Compass and dynamic overload protection, the RD7000+ range delivers exceptional pipe and cable location and tracing functionality, even in electrically noisy areas.Locating specific pipes and cables in large underground networks is becoming increasingly complex. Ground distortion effects, caused by differing soil types and proximity to other conductors, make the user’s job more difficult and time-consuming. The most important requirements for a locator under these circumstances are ease of use, accuracy and reliability. Radiodetection’s RD7000+ Utility Locator range addresses these needs with several groundbreaking features that deliver accurate, reliable and repeatable performance.
Incorporating several features specifically designed for users working in pipe location and inspection, and supported by the wide range of Radiodetection accessories, this unit is the ideal locator for the water industry.
- Light weight – at only 1.9 kg, the RD7000+ range is comfortable to use for extended periods.
- IP54 protection rating – can operate in almost any environment
- High contrast backlit LCD screens on both transmitter and locator allow use in any light conditions
- Combination of new and innovative algorithms with established software on a high- performance processor core
- Improves the accuracy and repeatability of measurements
- Delivers powerful signal filtering and analysis allowing continued operation even in electrically noisy environments
- Visually indicates orientation of the target cable
- Allows the operator to quickly and easily follow the target line
- Maximizes depth measurement accuracy by ensuring the locator is correctly aligned with the target cable
Proportional Left – Right Arrows
- Guides the user to the central axis of the pipe or cable with dynamic left / right arrows, enhanced with differentiating sound
- Distance from target cable indicated by length of arrow
Dynamic Overload Protection
- Extends the RD7000+’s locate capability into areas where other products fail
- Automatically filters out large and unwanted signals while ensuring accurate location of the target pipe or cable
- Particularly useful in electrically noisy environments such as power sub stations or near overhead high-voltage cables
- Unique to Radiodetection precision locators, eCALTM allows users to validate the original factory calibration of the RD7000+ locator
- By checking the responses of all relevant internal components, eCALTM provides the user with confidence that the locator performs as it did when it first left the factory
- eCALTM can be carried out on-site and allows the owner to print a validation certificate without the need to first return the RD7000+ to a service center
- A Radiodetection applications suite for Microsoft® Windows® for managing both the RD7000+ locators and transmitters from a desktop or laptop computer
- Configure locator settings using Option Editor
- Validate locator calibration through eCALTM
- Remotely update product software as upgrades are released by Radiodetection
Rechargeable battery packs for Locators & Transmitters
- Available for Precision Cable & Pipe Locators and the Tx Transmitter range.
- Offer increased flexibility.
- Provide improved cost-of-ownership.
- Deliver excellent run-time and superior cold-weather performance by comparison to standard alkaline batteries.
- Can be charged from empty in just three hours from the supplied mains chargers.
- No need for operators to replace, manage and recycle alkaline battery cells, reducing the associated costs, workload and environmental burden.
- Locator rechargeable battery packs are supplied with a mains charger (90V to 240V,50/60Hz) as standard. An automotive charger (12V to 24V DC) is also available for use on the move.
- Transmitter rechargeable packs are available in kits that include the rechargeable battery pack, a mains charger (90V to 240V, 50/60Hz) and an automotive charger (12V to 24V DC).
- Individual chargers and battery packs are also available as separate parts for both locators and transmitters.
- Super Light Weight, Ergonomic & Well Balanced – 28% lighter than industry standard RD4000
- IP54 Rating – you can operate it in almost any environment
- Transmitter and receiver feature a large, high contrast backlit LCD screen
- Improved accuracy and repeatability of measurements
- Outstanding Interference Suppression & Filtering - Powerful signal filtering and analysis allowing continued operation even in the most electrically noisy environments
- Compass Display for Easy Locating
- Large Selection of Frequencies
- 10 Watts of Transmitting Power
You can build your own kits from the items below, or select from the following standard kit(s):
Download RD7000 Brochure Download RD7000 Manual